Ayeisha spends her days and nights at My Sister Susan’s House. She is a live-in program coach who came to Youth Focus as an intern. All the gold stars for Ayeisha, one of the best live-in staff members we’ve ever had. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Let’s learn more about Ayeisha!
1. What is your favorite memory from Youth Focus?
I started with Youth Focus as an intern and was working with a young lady. Once I became a full-time staff member she graduated our program, and it was great to see how far we’d both come.
2. What is one thing you wish the general public knew about Youth Focus?
I wish more people knew about all the services we provide.
3. Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work?
The young ladies I work with have definitely been my biggest influence and motivation.
4. What led you to Youth Focus and working with young adults?
I was a Human Development and Family Studies Major at UNCG so I have always wanted to help people. I learned about Youth Focus while searching for an internship.
5. What are three words to describe Youth Focus?
Inclusive. Engaging. Conducive.
6. What advice would you give to your teenage self?
Stop worrying so much about the future that you forget to live in the moment and enjoy your life.
7. If you were stuck on an island, what three things would you bring?
Knife, satellite phone, boat.
8. What’s your most-used emoji?