1. What is your favorite thing about working with Youth Focus?
I love the dedication and commitment of the staff that enables them to treat each youth serviced with care, respect, and dignity.
2. What is one thing you wish more people knew about Youth Focus?
This is the ONLY organization of its kind within the Piedmont Triad that helps homeless youth, youth in crisis, single expectant moms, and youth who have aged out of the Foster Care system. THE NEED IS GREAT!
3. What drew you to Youth Focus?
They understand their clientele and strive continuously to meet their individual needs. The first post that I saw was a request for ethnic haircare products for some of their young ladies. I thought, “Wow – they get it! I have to donate products to this organization and find out more about them.”
4. What’s the best advice you were ever given? Who was it from?
“Everybody wasn’t raised the same.” I can’t recall where I first heard this, but it’s true. Our early life experiences form the basis for our starting point in life.
5. What advice would you give to your teenage self?
Go for it! What do you have to lose? You can’t compete if you’re not in the game.
6. What’s the biggest misconception people have about teens and young adults today?
That they are unengaged and don’t care about things that impact their lives.
7. What’s one song you have completely memorized?