Say hello to Carl Jones, Youth Focus Board Member. Carl is the Director of Development at UNCG.
1. How would you describe your job in a few words to a stranger?
I work at UNCG as the Director of Development for the College of Arts & Sciences, and I meet with alumni and donors who want to give back monetarily to help grow the College and UNCG as a whole.
2. What is your favorite thing about working with Youth Focus?
Knowing that the programs and staff are committed to helping underserved youth in our community.
3. What is one thing you wish more people knew about Youth Focus?
I wish they understood the need in our community for all of the services that are provided.
4. What drew you to Youth Focus?
Being a mentor for several years I have seen firsthand the impact the Youth Focus can have on young people.
5. What’s the best advice you were ever given? Who was it from?
Your life and career with not be a straight path. There will be twists and turns, but if you stay the course you with end up on the right path. My mother told me that.
6. What advice would you give to your teenage self?
Work hard at everything you do.
7. What’s the biggest misconception people have about teens and young adults today?
That they have been given everything without having to work for it.
8. What’s one song you have completely memorized?