Denise is a new member of our staff, with us just a few months, but we’re so glad to have her! Denise works with us at Act Together as a Crisis Care Professional.
1. What is your favorite memory from Youth Focus?
My favorite memory at work would have to be when a client told me how supported they felt when I was present.
2. What is one thing you wish the general public knew about Youth Focus?
I want the public to know just how supportive and interactive the facility truly is with the clients. They help them maintain homeostasis during crises and provide a stable safe environment for the youth.
3. Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work?
I would say my mother is my biggest influence. She was a teacher and homeschooled me on top of my traditional education. She is kind, consistent, and patient.
4. What led you to Youth Focus and working with young adults?
I’ve worked with children my whole life. Supporting adolescents with their mental health is not just a job for me, it’s an advocation.
5. What are three words to describe Youth Focus?
Support, structure, stability.
6. What advice would you give to your teenage self?
The advice I would give my teenage self would be to follow your head, not your heart.
7. If you were stuck on an island, what three things would you bring?
If stuck on an island, I would bring a notebook, flint, and a knife.
8. What’s your most-used emoji?