1. How would you describe your job in a few words to a stranger?
I take care of funding requests, reports & budgets as well as lots of other accounting and finance functions.
2. What’s your typical day at work like?
Lots of spreadsheets!! Lots of emails!!
3. What is your favorite thing about working with Youth Focus?
My favorite thing is that Youth Focus provides greatly needed services for youth in our community who are in crisis. I absolutely love that we will help any youth. We are inclusive!
4. What is one thing you wish more people knew about Youth Focus?
That we exist and what we do. I explain a lot about the agency I work for, which I love to do. It would be nice to have more name recognition and the services provided in the community.
5. What’s the best advice you were ever given? Who was it from?
Don’t go to bed angry, from my Mum. Kiss and hug even though the issue may not yet be resolved.
6. What advice would you give to your teenage self?
Be adventurous! Take a leap of faith.
7. What’s the biggest misconception people have about teens and young adults today?
That they are troublemakers rather than having mental health challenges.