We’d like to introduce you to Laurie Ford, a Youth Focus Board Member and Managing Director of Lomonaco Investments. Lomonaco develops mixed-use and residential communities throughout the Southeastern U.S.
1. What is your favorite thing about working with Youth Focus?
It is a privilege being a part of an organization that helps transform the lives of young people and to be able to see the exponential impact those transformations have on the world.
2. What is one thing you wish more people knew about Youth Focus?
I wish people could better understand the real-world struggles of these kids. I believe this enhanced perspective would cause more people to rally around this worthy cause financially and otherwise.
3. What drew you to Youth Focus?
Our family has a heart for kids who find themselves in unsafe and unsupportive environments. We feel called to do something about it. We put a lot of effort into finding the right organization to support, one that aligns with our values and is positioned to do the most good – Youth Focus is the perfect fit!
4. What’s the best advice you were ever given? Who was it from?
Have courage and be kind – Cinderella’s mother
5. What advice would you give to your teenage self?
If you want to succeed at anything worthwhile in life, you must have grit (passion and perseverance for long-term goals). You must continue to push through tough times and push past self-doubt, even when you make mistakes.
6. What’s the biggest misconception people have about teens and young adults today?
That they are unrelatable and shallow.
7. What’s one song you have completely memorized?