Rebecca Hood began her career with Youth Focus as an intern– but you’d never know it! If you walked into Act Together, you wouldn’t even suspect she was an intern because she inserted herself as a crucial part of our team. When her internship was over we didn’t want to lose a significant member of our team, so we had to hire her!
Let’s learn more about Rebecca!
1. What is your favorite memory from Youth Focus?
We took the clients to the zoo and it was so much fun. The kids loved it and I loved seeing the excitement on their faces of learning something new.
2. What is one thing you wish the general public knew about Youth Focus?
We do so much more than people think. We aren’t just temporary housing, or where bad kids go. We provide care and support for youth who need it.
3. Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work?
All of my Act Together coworkers and Esther Ngo have influenced me a ton! They all have had a part in my knowledge of this work and have given such good advice. I couldn’t be more thankful for my coworkers.
4. What led you to Youth Focus and working with young adults?
I knew I wanted to work with this population, but I was unsure of how. I heard about Youth Focus when I was a senior in college, and Esther Ngo spoke to our class during a Placement Panel. Once I heard more and began emailing with her, I knew it was exactly what I wanted.
5. What are three words to describe Youth Focus?
Impactful, Community Focused, and Life-Changing.
6. What advice would you give to your teenage self?
Make the most of everything! Create memories everywhere you go! Don’t dwell on things that you cannot change or things you wish you would’ve done differently.
7. If you were stuck on an island, what three things would you bring?
A helicopter to get off the island, duhhhh!
8. What’s your most-used emoji?
🥴 or 🤣