Ron Dargan II is a Crisis Care Provider who comes to Youth Focus with years of experience. He was a court counselor with the Department of Juvenile Justice and is also a Guilford County Schools high school counselor. We know he looks uptight in his picture, but Ron is the chill one on the team who likes to cut a joke when the staff needs a pick me up.
Let’s learn more about Ron!
1. What is your favorite memory from Youth Focus?
I enjoy the comradery with coworkers during company events, meetings, and training.
2. What is one thing you wish the general public knew about Youth Focus?
The one thing I’d like the general public to know about Youth Focus is that, though we’re bigger in size with the AYN merge, this family-like company is VERY passionate about the care of its clients and patients.
3. Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work?
My supervisors, Esther, LaVonne, and Temara, all have influenced me with their leadership in different ways when approaching my work.
4. What led you to Youth Focus and working with young adults?
My enjoyment and passion to work with youth led me to Youth Focus.
5. What are three words to describe Youth Focus?
Family-like, client/patient-friendly, reputable.
6. What advice would you give to your teenage self?
Be the 1st version of yourself (not a 2nd version of anyone else), strive toward your passion (enjoyment over money), and always be kind and respectful (it’ll take you a long way).
7. If you were stuck on an island, what three things would you bring?
Survival kit, water, clothes.
8. What’s your most-used emoji?
I use the laughing and silly face emoji the most because I like to joke and have fun a lot…like our youth. 😂🤪