Talissa Bell is a Crisis Care Professional at Act Together, our emergency shelter for you experiencing homelessness. Act Together is an emergency housing facility for male, female and gender-nonconforming youth who have run away, are experiencing a family crisis, are the victims of abuse or neglect, or are homeless for other reasons. The maximum stay is 21 days, voluntary and must be earned by an earnest effort to develop solutions using other Youth Focus and community resources
Let’s learn more about Talissa!
1. What is your favorite memory from Youth Focus?
My favorite memory from work is when I played basketball with the kids.
2. What is one thing you wish the general public knew about Youth Focus?
How helpful our services really are. Sometimes I think our program is not understood.
3. Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work?
My sister has taught me to be patient and listen to understand, not to respond.
4. What led you to Youth Focus and working with young adults?
A passion for wanting to serve my community.
5. What are three words to describe Youth Focus?
Unpredictable, safe, giving.
6. What advice would you give to your teenage self?
The advice I would give my teenage self is to enjoy life and tomorrow will be a better day.
7. If you were stuck on an island, what three things would you bring?
Bible, my wig with the wig head, and my phone.
8. What’s your most-used emoji?