Say hello to Tiana, a wonderful part of our team at My Sister Susan’s House!
1. How would you describe your job in a few words to a stranger?
I don’t consider this my job, this opportunity has aligned me with the purpose God has placed inside of me. I am able to express a type of love that some of our clients may have not been able to ever receive before.
2. What’s your typical day at work like?
A typical day at work for me is helping uplift our clients mentally and emotionally, empowering them in understanding that they are more than just their current circumstance, and providing words of encouragement as it relates to their life challenges.
3. What is your favorite thing about working at Youth Focus?
Being able to be a small impact on the lives of those we serve.
4. What is one thing you wish the general public knew about Youth Focus?
Youth Focus is a way for our staff to express our passion. We truly love being able to serve our clients.
5. What energizes you the most outside of work?
Spending time with my family and friends.
6. What’s the best advice you were ever given? Who was it from?
My parents: Go after whatever it is that you love, and stick to it.
7. If you could choose a superpower, what would it be?
8. What advice would you give to your teenage self?
You can’t control anything. You have to learn how to persevere through your mistakes in life.
9. What’s the biggest misconception people have about the youth you work with?
That our youth are hard to get along with. Our youth come from various walks of life, and being able to trust may be something they lack. Give them their space, and once they feel like they want to let you into their life the relationship will build from there!
10. What’s one song you have completely memorized?
Soul Ties by MajorNine