It takes a village, and Youth Focus is appreciative of any and all community support. Individuals, groups and corporations are all equally appreciated and needed volunteers. Volunteer opportunities vary based on our need, and your availability and unique skill set. We are always in need of extra hands with open hearts.
Here is a list of our current, and most needed, Volunteer opportunities.
STYLISTS and BARBERS needed! We have a need for stylists who are willing to provide barber and hair-cutting services. Please email us if you’re able to help.
ARTISTS needed! If you have the time and talent, we would love a new mural for ACT Together, our emergency housing facility for teens. Help us create a positive and vibrant atmosphere by sharing your talents. Email us to help!
Party people! Our Supportive Housing Programs will be hosting a holiday party for residents. We’re looking for volunteers to help on the night of November 30th. Email us!
We also have a specific need for the following donations.
Adolescent Substance Use Program
- Men’s clothing
- Men’s hygiene products (deodorant, body wash, shampoo)
- PlayStation 3 games
- Board games
- Workout equipment (free weights & any other gym equipment)
- Dining room table and chairs set
- Men’s bicycles
Please email Rachael Landau to coordinate drop off at email@example.com
ACT Together Emergency Shelter
- Towels and washcloths
- Small incentive items like bath & body products, makeup, lip gloss, chapstick, water bottles, full sized candy, gel pens, wired headphones, playing cards, etc.
- Gift cards we can use to incentivize good behavior. Favorites include Target, Walmart, Cookout and McDonalds.
ACT Together donations can be dropped off at 1601 Huffine Mill Road, Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm. Please ensure all donations are labeled to indicate it is for ACT Together, multiple programs are housed at this location.
Residential Treatment Facility
- MP3 players, iPods, etc. The Residential Treatment program is a secure, locked facility where youth can safely receive treatment. Youth often use music as a coping skill, especially being in a locked facility and having minimal other options some days.
- Blankets and twin sheets. As temperatures drop, blankets are a needed.
- Hygiene supplies: shampoo, deodorant, conditioner, soap
Residential Treatment donations can be dropped off at 1601 Huffine Mill Road, Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm. Please ensure all donations are labeled to indicate it is for the Residential Treatment center, multiple programs are housed at this location.
My Sister Susan’s House, Maternity and Young Mother’s Housing
- Diapers size 1 and 4, wipes
- Incentive items like gift cards to Target, Walmart, Rainbow (clothes store) and Plato’s closet.
Donations can be dropped off at our administrative office, 405 Parkway A, Monday through Thursday from 8am to 7pm. Please label your donation for My Sister Susan’s House.
Transitional Living Program
- Household decor and items to furnish our youth’s new apartments
- Incentive items, like gift cards to Target, Walmart, Cookout, McDonalds, KFC, Chic-fil-A
- A bookshelf, any size, to help us organize.
Donations can be dropped off at our administrative office, 405 Parkway A, Monday through Thursday from 8am to 7pm. Please label your donation for TLP.