Say hello to Yubisela Aranda Sandoval, a Youth Focus Board Member and UNCG employee.
1. What is your favorite thing about working with Youth Focus?
I have the opportunity to make an impact on their lives.
2. What is one thing you wish more people knew about Youth Focus?
The staff’s commitment and love for the youth in our community.
3. What drew you to Youth Focus?
The opportunity to serve an organization that’s helping youth in my community.
4. What’s the best advice you were ever given?
To believe in me and to not give up.
5. What advice would you give to your teenage self?
Do not take yourself too seriously. Live each moment being yourself and find ways to take care of your mind body and soul.
6. What’s the biggest misconception people have about teens and young adults today?
The biggest misconception we have about teens and young adults today is that they should have a life plan and be ready to tackle it. Sure, many of us knew what we wanted to “do” or “be when grew up” but we were so caught up in this world that we forgot to enjoy our youth.
7. What’s one song you have completely memorized?